It’s hot out!
While we welcome the heat outside as a trait of summer (yea!!) –we also want to incorporate extra “cooling foods” to add extra hydration to our body. This salad is super yummy and full of Chinese medicine therapy foods for hot summer months such as cucumber, tomato, lemon, and Italian parsley.
1. Cut three red tomatoes (heirloom) preferred into thin slices
2. Do this again with three yellow heirloom tomatoes.
3. Dice one cucumber and add to mix.
4. Add I can of garbanzo, white beans, or bean of choice (soaked preferred if able overnight)
5. Juice of 1 lemon (add more if desired).
6. One teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
7. 2 teaspoons chopped Italian parsley (if you can’t get the Italian kind, regular is just fine)
8. 1 tablespoon olive oil
9. 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (omit if do not have accessible)
10. Ground pepper if desired
Mix and enjoy!
11. The trick is between the lemon and salt. The more lemon juice you add the more you may want to add salt to enhance the flavor. I always say add a little of each and then increase. The beans will soak up the flavor so add more of olive oil, salt, and lemon if desired (make sure to drain the beans adequately). It is a wonderful dish that is super easy to make.